Friday, November 9, 2007

Oil Spill, San Francisco Bay


We'll be driving over the Golden Gate bridge in a few hours and we're bracing ourselves.

See the front page of today's SF Chronicle, for a truly depressing photo of what is left of our beautiful bay. I'll have my own photos to post soon.

Why am I posting this to a biking blog? Because I can see the handwriting on the wall for Eureka Bay, if the current round of "Rust Belt" planning takes hold. A railroad linked to a deep water port...that's a 19th century model of how to develop a port. It will bring us even more pollution, more low paying jobs and a host of problems. I want to explore some promising alternatives. More on all this soon...I'm on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please don't use this blog to drive traffic to a commercial website.