Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Nigel Webb Needs to Cool Off

006.JPGusam.jpg

This just in from Nigel Webb, whose blog FLEX ON A BIKE! chronicles his ride across North America. He's from England and may not actually know anyone on this continent.

If you know of somewhere cool or have been somewhere along the way let me know. And if you haven't chat to your friends, family, pets, strangers in pubs and, as a last resort, your work colleagues and see if they know anything. Just think, your suggestion could find it's way onto my route. How exciting is that?

Today - Lewiston, Idaho
Tomorrow - Winchester, Idaho
May 17 - Lowell, Idaho
May 18 - Lolo Pass, Montana
May 19 - Missoula, Montana
May 21 - Garrison, Montan
May 22 -Bozeman, Montana
May 23 - Yellowstone, Wyoming (Yellowstone Park)
June 1 - Rapid City, South Dakota (Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse)
June 6 - Pipestone, Minnesota (Pipestone)

That'll do for now. Get busy and research stuff that might be along the way. I'm depending on you.

6 comments:

  1. Hmph, his comment section requires one be registered someplace in order to comment.

    I just spent 20 minutes composing an essay extolling the joys of riding along The River from Minn/St Paul to St Louis, only to find I couldn't post the comment.

    Oh-well, his loss.
    alf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alf,

    No registration necessary. You need to type in some random characters which proves that you are not a spam engine. Some blogs get spammed to death.

    It's nice of you to take the time to post your thoughts; he's out there alone on a bike in the wilderness...

    Anyway, if you've got a spare minute, I'd encourage you to try again. At the end, you wil see a handful of nonsense characters--with a box below. Just type them in to the box and you'll be in business.

    And I for one, woud also like to know about that bike path!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alf,

    Correction: you do need a FREE Google account to post on his blog, but this is not a big deal. You can do it in less than five minutes and you will also get a free Google email account out of the deal and a very comprehensive Google homepage. I've found both handy to have.

    My blog allows anonymous postings, so Google membership is not necessary. Apparently, he wants some king of ID on his posters, even if it's only a Google pen name. In the end, it's probably just another way to outwit the spammers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alf, Gordon, many many apologies, I had no idea anyone had to register to comment.

    Alf I'm particularly sorry about the time you took composing an essay. I know how losing stuff ike that feels. Please accept my apologies.

    Anyway, the security setting has now been changed and all and sundry can say stuff with no security precaution.

    Nigel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alf, Gordon, many many apologies, I had no idea anyone had to register to comment.

    Alf I'm particularly sorry about the time you took composing an essay. I know how losing stuff ike that feels. Please accept my apologies.

    Anyway, the security setting has now been changed and all and sundry can say stuff with no security precaution.

    Nigel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Update: I see Nigel has removed the security barriers and now he has some posters--and a few hundred extra miles of tempting cycling suggestions.

    To the bike, Nigel!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Please don't use this blog to drive traffic to a commercial website.