Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Does this look like it's downhill?

I thought so too. But it's actually a classic "false flat" which actually felt more like "a false uphill." I wandered around the lakes on the slopes of Mt Bachelor on a picture-perfect day. The combination of high altitudes and almost constant uphill grade made the first half of the ride harder than I expected. However, I flew back at speeds that made me appreciate the one disk brake I do have on my recumbent.

The sign is self explanatory.
Bike Batch.jpg


detail.jpg


Devil's Lake--the turnaround point for my ride. Actually, it was hard to turn around and leave this place--so I stayed and watched the sun move across the lake for an hour or so. No other events took place.
devil's lake.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please don't use this blog to drive traffic to a commercial website.