Thursday, May 3, 2012

Chico Wildflower 2012


The Stratus XP was too big for the fork rack I built so I took off the front wheel and simply put the bike down on a rubber mat. Double click a photo for a slide show. 

Traveling east from Arcata on Rte 299 I drove along the Trinity River. That's the Trinity Alps in the background. 


Spring on the Trinity. 


A few of the 4,000 riders. 


In addition to cloth maps we had well marked turns throughout the ride. I was green. 


Some riders were color coordinated. 


A few riders were pet coordinated. 


We headed out of town through walnut orchards. 



Some riders pedaled as fast as possible all day long. 


100 years ago California had a great train system. Chico still has a train. I do wish it ran over to the coast. Train travel is definitely the civilized way to go. I can see myself getting on in Eureka (the way people did 100 years ago), putting my feet up, opening a New Yorker and a half a day later getting off in Larkspur on San Francisco Bay. I'd take a folding bike. 


Nobody leaves the Wildflower hungry. 


I followed the Trinity for much of the ride home. Wouldn't you? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please don't use this blog to drive traffic to a commercial website.