Wednesday, June 24, 2009

To England!

I'll be spending the next three weeks in England and Scotland. July 2--10 I'm doing an 8 day Iron Donkey, West of England self-guided tour** (the lower loop beginning and ending in Bath) . Details to follow, if I can manage the internet from there.

** I get a map, a bike, nightly B&B bookings and some expert advice, if needed. No schedules to follow. Nobody will ever say, "be back on the tour bus by 12:30" or "we have fifteen minutes left in Stonehenge." The whole notion of a "group-travel holiday" seems oxymoronic to me, so this looks promising.

2 comments:

  1. Gordon,
    Where are you today? Perhaps you have decided to take the vacant slot on the Astana team for the Tour de France and you are spending you days getting to know the Alpe D'Huez. I hope you mesmerize them with your eye dazzler tyres.
    Ken Thiessen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ken et al,

    I'm on my way over to Stonehenge by bike for a sunset. More soon, if I can figure out how to add photos from the internet cafe here.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Please don't use this blog to drive traffic to a commercial website.