Wednesday, June 2, 2010

What to do after a 50th HS reunion

After a mind-bending HS reunion in NY, my wife and I visited my old HS buddy Mike Lav in Washington D.C. Mike took us on a beautiful ride along the Potomac River.

IMG_0627.jpg

We rode for a few hours on an uncrowded trail. Perfect weather, no hills, wooden bridges, good company.



Mike and I first rode bikes together in 1950.** After all these years we still have a lot in common: we both enjoy biking and we both have wives named Iris (mine is shown riding away from the camera toward Mt. Vernon, George Washington's home and gift shop). And after all these years it still felt great to ride a bike on a warm spring afternoon. I won't say I felt like I was eight years old again. Is there anyone out there who would expect that?




IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

Rivers like this cry out for more bike paths, don't you agree? Write your congressman!


MNM4.jpg

**not a typo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please don't use this blog to drive traffic to a commercial website.