Thursday, December 9, 2010

Rain ride


Sunday morning. It was raining and then it wasn't. I decided to go for it: Bayside to Trinidad round trip, my traditional Sunday ride.



Out on the Arcata bottoms, I wasn't alone. These intrepid souls are Latte Warriors, my weekend cycling group.


By the time we reached Trinidad the sun had peeked through--and there were too many Lattes to fit inside The Beachcomber. So we ordered out.


So yes, we got a little bit wet. So did the plants along Scenic Drive.


"He saw the ocean-shadow;
If he looked down, the endless seas
Lay green as summer meadow."

Charlotte Bronte

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Gordon, it looks like the Lattes have grown in numbers and in percentage of women riders! These photos really make me miss that lovely Sunday ride! Now that I have a fuel efficient Golf diesel I think I need a trip to the north coast. Maybe in the fall? You, meanwhile, should stop over and see the Grand Canyon and Sedona in the spring, with the wildflowers, and we can take a nice ride!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. 42 Lattes and counting. We started with 18 last Sunday and picked up more along the way.

    Yes to GC and Sedona, but not sure when. We are working on it. It does sound dreamy in the Spring with the wildflowers.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Please don't use this blog to drive traffic to a commercial website.